Church Together is hiring!
The Children’s Minister is charged with overseeing the Children’s Ministry of Church Together and nurturing children into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Children’s Ministry position at Church Together is for a maximum of 10 hours a week with a salary of $400-$500 a month. This person is responsible for developing and implementing Christ-centered programs and activities for children from birth to 11 years old.
- Living the gospel of Jesus Christ and the values of Church Together.
- Experience working with children including the ability to teach and communicate effectively with children.
- Hospitality gifts that will allow children, parents, and guests to feel welcome and comfortable within our church.
- The ability to develop, lead, train, empower, effectively communicate, and coordinate with a Children’s Ministry team.
- Choose or develop age and size appropriate curriculum for Children’s Ministry to use each week that includes both spiritual growth and worshipping components.
- Recruit and develop a volunteer team of leaders who can help run the Children’s Ministry under your direction. Provide appropriate resources and training for this team.
- Schedule and supervise the nursery workers and volunteers.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with children, parents and Children’s Ministry team members.
- Ensure that the environment where the Children’s Ministry meets is warm, inviting, clean and child-friendly.
- Connect with and support parents in guiding their children to Christ-honoring ways. This includes providing “in home” children’s ministry opportunities for parents to help their children’s growth in their relationship with Christ.
- Ensure the security of our children including ensuring that our Child Protection Policy is relevant and enforced and that background checks are completed.
- Operate within the established budget for the Children’s Ministry.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor of Church Together.