Inspirational Bible Verse
“But Caleb turned to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” He said. “We can certainly conquer it”. – Numbers 13:30
The Short Version of the Story.
Moses was ready to lead his team (the Israelites) to the Promised Land, a great place that God had promised them. Before he took them there though, he wanted to know what it would take to claim that victory. He sent some spies (including Caleb and Joshua) to scout the land. Most of the spies came back complaining that the challenge was too great… except for Courageous Caleb.
What does this Mean?
Caleb teaches us that:
- Courage comes when we intentionally quiet the distracting noises. There are always doubting voices in our minds. They often tell us lies about why we can’t and shouldn’t. In order to win, we must silence these voices of fear. Courage is required to silence our fears.
- Courage comes when we choose to act decisively. Studies show that “not now” normally means no. Before us is an incredible opportunity to do something significant this season. We must grab the opportunity today. Courage is required to move fast and seize this moment.
- Courage comes when we believe the victory is ours. A confident, positive attitude is crucial to victory. For those who trust in Christ we can be assured that the victory is already won. Courage is required to hold onto faith.
- What noises, voices or fears are distracting you? Acknowledge them, confess them and quiet them.
- When it comes to the opportunity before us, how would you answer the question: If not now, when? If not us, who? …Now is our time.
- The author of Hebrews (11:1) says, “Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see”. How can this verse fill and inspire you with courage?
Lord, you said Caleb and to Joshua, “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or discouraged because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Would you make us aware of these words that these words are for us, today! Give us great courage as we step out on to the field, help to us to be compete fearlessly with honor and integrity, knowing that you are with us and that you are for us. Help us embrace every minute of today, to do our best and to play courageously. We ask and pray this in Jesus name, Amen
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. – Muhammad Ali
“Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or discouraged
because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”